Did you know?
Various studies have found the need for case management when dealing with youth mental health.
- 50% of mental health problems are established by age 14 and 75% by age 24.
- 10% of children and young people (aged 5-16 years) have a clinically diagnosable mental problem
- 70% of children and adolescents who experience mental health problems have not had appropriate interventions at a sufficiently early age.
Based on a study conducted by PHE, findings in 2012/13 saw an estimated £700m being spent on child and adolescent mental health illness.
In recent years, Public Health England has identified the need to make dramatic improvements to mental health services for children and young people.
Additionally, findings showed early intervention avoids young people falling into crisis which meant the measured benefits to NHS would include the reduction in the use of public services and an overall cost saving.
It has been suggested that a more effective case management service would help mental health youths move through the system quicker whilst ensuring they are receiving the required support and services.
The goal of an effective case management solution is to:
- Aid in the improvements of accessibility to care
- Promote collaboration
- Promote accountability for service users
- Help youth suffering mental health to achieve their outcomes and goals.
Collaboration needs to span across multiple agencies and services. For this real-time accurate data is necessary and a secured portal to view and share information becomes critical.
There is already a multitude of public service companies using our Case Management system to securely share information between agencies. This includes Trivalis, Taff Housing Association, Cadwyn Housing Association and NHS A&E to ensure the effective management of ASB, Domestic Abuse victims, vulnerable people, frequent attendee, homelessness and youth offenders.
Locality Solutions has been working on it’s Cluster Case Management platform for the last 7 years. Multi-Agency working & collaboration are built in the core of the product.
Through Cluster CM timely and secure information sharing is enabled for successful multi-agency working within public sector and partner agencies.
- Create a secured workspace for your teams and partner organisation’s to ensure vital information is shared for a more joined-up approach.
- Gain a 360 view of a person’s case. To provide better coordinated and accessible support services to improve outcomes for youth mental health.
- Share risk assessment scores and outcome star scores to ensure youth service users are on the right track and the appropriate services are being delivered to them.
- Invite internal staff or partner agencies to your workspace securely to share need to know information. By communicating incident-related information and identifying risks earlier, this will aid in early intervention efforts.
- Access and upload information from mobile devices and share with authorised parties in just a few clicks. This ensures all information on your workspace is up to date and delivered in real-time, allowing for partner agencies to proactively manage cases and support youth.
Get in touch with us to find out more about how we can help your organisation :
- Improve multi-agency working and information sharing
- Meet data protection legislation whilst information sharing
- Improve cost-resource efficiencies
- Improve service delivery outcomes to your end-users